For the past few years I have loved the phrase "Come What May and Love It" which is from a speech I heard in 2008. When I was diagnosed with cancer on August 29, 2014, the thought went through my head, "can I love this?" I am still not sure of the answer, but I am going to give it a try, and record my efforts along the way.
Friday, November 21, 2014
The Power of Good Friends (or even kind acquaintances willing to listen)
I am feeling well again, and it is a marvelous thing. I am so grateful to the amazing women who I have come across in the past couple days who have listened, laughed, cried and most of all just let me talk and talk and talk until I got all my stories out. I have been blessed with amazing friends. The temple Tuesday ladies, a sister and many sisters-in-law, neighbors, sisters from church, a fabulous primary care doctor (and MA), a mother and mother-in-law and just wonderful women I have met through my kids sports teams, book club and other activities. This past week I have had the chance to visit with many of you, some planned visits, but mostly spontaneous encounters and you have let me talk and talk and talk and get out all my frustrations and blessings and good and bad moments, and I just need to thank you. What a gift from a loving God who is aware of my needs and is sending women my way to lift me up and give me hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It always makes my day better (and house cleaner) to talk with you. Good luck this week.
ReplyDelete