Wow, I cannot believe February has come! I can remember so clearly the day Adam and I were in the doctor's office and he was giving us my chemo treatment plan and telling us that if all went well we would end on February 24. It seemed like such a long way away and now it is almost here (only three treatments left). I really couldn't even do a blog post in January because nothing was changing and the monotony of it all just seemed a little depressing when I tried to write about it. I guess there were two changes that I could have mentioned, one good, and one not so good. First my hair started to grow back. One day about three weeks ago I took of my hat and Adam noticed some very fine, very white peach fuzz all over my head. We tried to get a picture, but it was too fine. Still it was very exciting. The hair has continued to grow and the nurses say that not everyone loses their hair with the drug Taxol which is the drug I am receiving every week and luckily I am in that category. My brown hair has started to come in as well which makes it a little easier to see in pictures.
What a strange (but very wonderful) thing that my hair will just keep filling in. I am curious how long it will take to want to just go around with super short hair without a hat. ( I am not there yet)
The other new development, is that my eyebrows which had stayed in pretty nicely during the A/C chemo treatments fell out during the Taxol treatments. I think this is strange that the hair on top of my head would come in, while the hair above my eyebrows fell out, but what can you do.
I realize that there are still a few hairs hanging in there, but for the most part they are gone. I have an eyebrow pencil that I use to fill in the eyebrows whenever I go anywhere, but one day I looked up in the mirror and I must have rubbed my eyebrow or something because there was a definite hole in the middle of the pencil mark. I just took it all off thinking it would be better to have no eyebrow, than an incomplete eye brow. I also lost most of my eye lashes. My neighbor told me her Mom's eyebrows never grew back, so fingers crossed that in March I will have eyebrow hair again. All in all I just feel like a very puffy, hairless person walking around and I am getting very excited to be done.
I do have to say that I am still extremely grateful for the way I have been able to handle the treatments. Each visit the nurses ask questions about all the possible side effects to see if I have started to have any and I am reminded of how blessed I have been to have so few.

We continue to pray for you and we continue to love you
ReplyDeleteWe will be looking forward to feb 24 as well
ReplyDeleteLove you.
ReplyDelete