I am happy to have my "I am strong" socks to wear today, because I think today is going to be my last day with hair and it is a very unique and strange feeling. I have not been feeling well today, but I have been able to sleep and read on the couch all day, so it hasn't been too bad. My head has had a very tingly sensation all over and every time I reach up and pull on my hair a tuft of hair will just come right out. Because I have just been laying here reading, it has seemed more fascinating than disturbing. Then this afternoon I washed my hair and so much hair fell out, the scale definitely tipped to disturbing. I don't have any bald spots yet, but it is very thin. Peter and I made a little video of what is happening, it's just so weird I had to document it.
For the past few years I have loved the phrase "Come What May and Love It" which is from a speech I heard in 2008. When I was diagnosed with cancer on August 29, 2014, the thought went through my head, "can I love this?" I am still not sure of the answer, but I am going to give it a try, and record my efforts along the way.
Thursday, October 30, 2014
A good day to wear "I am strong socks"
I am happy to have my "I am strong" socks to wear today, because I think today is going to be my last day with hair and it is a very unique and strange feeling. I have not been feeling well today, but I have been able to sleep and read on the couch all day, so it hasn't been too bad. My head has had a very tingly sensation all over and every time I reach up and pull on my hair a tuft of hair will just come right out. Because I have just been laying here reading, it has seemed more fascinating than disturbing. Then this afternoon I washed my hair and so much hair fell out, the scale definitely tipped to disturbing. I don't have any bald spots yet, but it is very thin. Peter and I made a little video of what is happening, it's just so weird I had to document it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love you, Kristy. Thinking about you and your family tonight.
ReplyDeleteI admire your candor and grace while undergoing all this. Honestly, I've always wondered how exactly that all works with the hair falling out. Now I know! Hair or no, you are beautiful and we love you!
ReplyDeleteYou always hear about hair falling out with chemotherapy, but I have never thought about what the process is like. That is so interesting that it was tingly! The socks speak the truth - You ARE strong - so strong! Keep powering through and getting lots of rest. I hope you are enjoying some wonderful books!
ReplyDelete