For the past few years I have loved the phrase "Come What May and Love It" which is from a speech I heard in 2008. When I was diagnosed with cancer on August 29, 2014, the thought went through my head, "can I love this?" I am still not sure of the answer, but I am going to give it a try, and record my efforts along the way.
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Chemo Round #2
Well I just finished round #2, and I am feeling pretty good. They give me an anti-anxiety medication along with the anti-nauseous medications about 30 min before they give the chemo drugs and I would definitely say they are working. I am just sitting here at home feeling a little tired, but other than that I feel relaxed and fine. I am very happy to have the anti-anxiety meds today because this morning my hair started to fall out. When I towel dried my hair this morning (which is surprisingly fun to do with short hair) there were about 20 strands in the towel when I was finished. Before today I haven't noticed any strands. Then when I grabbed some hair to straighten it, a little tuft of hair just came right out in my fingers. This is a strange and somewhat fascinating thing to anticipate experiencing. If this round is anything like last time, I expect to be taking it easy for the next three or four days, but hopefully feeling better by the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
thanks for the update and for sharing this with us. sleep well.
ReplyDelete