This is Adam - I love this picture and I asked Kristy if I could post it. I am amazed how beautiful Kristy looks.
For the past few years I have loved the phrase "Come What May and Love It" which is from a speech I heard in 2008. When I was diagnosed with cancer on August 29, 2014, the thought went through my head, "can I love this?" I am still not sure of the answer, but I am going to give it a try, and record my efforts along the way.
Friday, October 31, 2014
I shaved my head today!
I cannot believe I got up the nerve to do it, but I just shaved my head and I am feeling a lot better about my entire hair loss situation. Last night Andie and I gently pulled out quite a bit of hair and I thought I would just let the rest fall out naturally. However, when I woke up this morning more hair had fallen out in the night and I had huge bald spots mixed with wisps. Seriously the most strange and unattractive combination you can imagine. I put a hat on, but just could not get over how terrible it looked. Finally, I just decided it should all come off and I just got out our electric clippers and started shaving. I am actually glad no one was here with me because it took quite a few times going back and forth to get it even and it got a lot worse before it got better. Not to say that bald is a look I think anyone should see on me, but it just made me feel a lot better. Plus, it was just a perk to do something that I would normally never do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's a very brave thing you're doing Kristy. Brave and powerful message to start where you are, use what you have and do what you can. So proud of you.
ReplyDelete-Afton
Dave's initial, first words out of his mouth upon seeing this picture: "that's a good looking bald woman!" We all heartily agree! Go Kristy!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI said it once, and I'll say it again - You look AMAZING bald!! Seriously, so beautiful! What a weird/thrilling/scary moment to shave your own head!? You are one amazing woman, Kristy! Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
ReplyDeleteYou can try on all the hats in the store and not get head lice! You really do look beautiful, Kristy. I mean it.
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing Kristy! Loved that we got to have lunch the other day and missed you at book club last night! So great that you are doing this blog so that we can share your journey with you.
ReplyDelete